OptiMate 5-Amp Lithium (LiFePO4) Battery Charger TM-291
Protect your battery in a way no other charger did before. With 5 Amps of charge current available, OptiMate’s unique multi-step ampmatic™ program recharges and balances cells within the lithium battery quickly and efficiently. OptiMate’s lithium maintenance program delivers current to the vehicle circuitry, protecting and keeping the battery at 100% charge. (Plug type is USA 120V). 3-year limited warranty.
(Choosing a Charger)
- Battery SAVE mode with BMS reset: starts from 0.5V with continuous monitoring / testing of charge acceptance or bad / shorted cell condition. Unnecessary (and unsafe) charging of a bad battery is prevented.
- SafeTº: Automatic charge rate adjustment to ambient temperature sensed at the charger. Reduced charging below freezing, no charging if temperature is below -20ºC/-4ºF (can damage lithium batteries).
- Ampmatic: Microprocessor adjusts current to ideal LiFePO4 charge curve to match battery size / condition, for fastest and most complete charge. Protection against incorrect voltage selection : With 16V selected and a 12.8V (4s) battery is connected OptiMate 7 LFP Select will immediately warn that a low voltage is sensed and then not proceed to charging. USER must confirm the nominal voltage of the connected battery is 16V (5s) before SAVE mode activates. During SAVE mode the charge curve is tracked, if the battery appears to be less than a 5-series 16V battery, it will stop charging.
SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected.
- Ideal for: LiFePO4 (LFP) 4s / 5s batteries from 2.5 – 200Ah.
- Charging Amps: 9.5A @ 12.8V / 7.5A @ 16V (AmpMatic).
- SAVE: Low Volt Start of 0.5V + 3-step low volt SAVE and TEST.
- USE: Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C).
- INPUT: Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
- STYLE: Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. Weatherproof battery lead & standard battery clip set.
- Low Volt Start (0.5V).
- TEST before charge.
- Temperature check.
- Ultra LOW VOLT SAVE.
- LOW VOLT SAVE cell monitoring.
- TEST cell damage.
- Cell-balancing CHARGE.
- TEST after CHARGE.
- OptiMate Maintenance.